(urth) City on Green

António Marques entonio at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 15:45:35 PST 2010

Hi Roy,

You're right in your frustration at the way some behave sometimes; all
the same I don't think everything is worthless fancy. If I bother
pointing out problems in some theories that appear here, it's solely in
the hope that they'll be improved on, or interesting alternatives
developed. Granted, it is not well received, but on the whole I think it
kind of works.

I don't think Green is Urth either, though obviously that's
unfalsifiable: given enough leeway (and time is relative so we have as
much as we want to) anything can turn into anything else (I think some
contributors here haven't yet gotten that). I do think the relationship,
if any, betweem the City of the Inhumi and Nessus is worth exploring.
Your objections would be unsurmountable if we were discussing a short
period of earthly history, but we're not.

- When did the Neighbours leave the scene? Those buildings won't last
another thousand years - that means they can't be that old, or that
wouldn't be remarkable - what are the odds that the Whorl would reach
Blue/Green almost at the same time, broadly speaking, that the
Neighbours have vanished?

- Again, what the hell is the purpose of the City of the Inhumi (pace
Benewicz). Heck, we don't have a city on Blue, where the Neighbours came
from, but we have an impressive one on Green?

- What's the meaning/etymology of Nessus? Nexus is a superb association.
What's the purpose of our being told repeatedly how vast the city is?

A nice year 2 all.