(urth) Losing Imitation

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Fri Dec 31 06:28:27 PST 2010

I shouldn't fret too much about it - I'm sure most authors, however much being questioned by enthusiasts for their works annoys them, would be more annoyed still if it all went away ;-)

Have you considered the possibility that "Urth is Green" has a metaphorical meaning?  That Green is what Earth/Urth can become if we lose our humanity?  It would seem to fit reasonably well with the themes Wolfe is exploring in the Short Sun trilogy.

- Gerry Quinn