(urth) mora and hyacinth

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 11:08:20 PST 2010

Lee Berman wrote (30-12-2010 18:00):
> Antonio Pedro Marques: Just to clear it up: he has only one eye because he gave the other one to
>> Pig. We learn of the giving-his-eye episode in RttW, but it happened before
>> he started writing iGJ. Unless I'm missing something.
>
> Well, from my view SilkHorn only has one eye because Silk's body lost one. I mean heck, I look
> on the cover of IGJ and there is Silk with an eyepatch. If I understand correctly, he later
> returns to the Whorl and gives an eye to Pig at the end. Leaving him with none.
>
> But perhaps after that perhaps he does not stay in Silk's body? Confusing. To me anyway.

I think you're being tricked by your memory. The order of telling of events
is not their order of occurrence.

Fancies aside, the chronology is as follows:

- Horn departs from Lizard
- Horn goes to Green on a lander
- Horn is about to die on Green and is taken to Silk's body, who has both eyes
- An eye of Silk's body is given to Pig
- RtW events take place on the Whorl
- Silk/Horn travels to Blue, God knows how
- Silk/Horn rules Gaon
- Silk/Horn goes to Bianko
- Silk/Horn starts dream traveling to a lot of places
- Silk/Horn goes to Dorp

So, only one eye lost. To tell the truth, I don't think my cover of iGJ
shows any eyepatch. Though as mentioned, the scene depicted need not be
pre-Silk Horn's.

The possibility that the Rajan is a dream traveling Silk/Horn is
interesting, what with the amount of food he (don't) eats being constantly
discussed, but it does bring a lot of problems with it - unless it points to
how dream travel works in the first place: since the Rajan is the source of
it, maybe he's not subject to the same rules as everyone else.