(urth) planetary problems

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 15:56:44 PST 2010

> Are the Inhumi really all bad? I'd say they have a certain charm.

They are only as bad as we are. If people did not prey on each other,
then the ensouled inhumi would die shortly after birth. Only the animal
inhumi would survive. I believe this is the lesson that the Neighbors
learned. Humanity has a certain charm as well. But even the charming
inhumi must prey on us if they are to survive and have anything but
animalistic children. The Rajan loved Jahlee. But he ended up kicking
her to death.

> Are the Megatherians pure evil?

No worse than our other tyrants. See An Evil Guest.

> The Gods of the Whorl?

They are in charge of the functions of the ship. As the Rajan declared,
Typhon did not design the Whorl to be hell. He designed it to be
pleasant. He was made by the Outsider and thus has a beneficent aspects
as well.

> Godlings?

Same as Pas.

> Undines and sirens?

Even Baldanders.

> Do they not serve God's purpose and play their
> roles in equal faithfulness to God's Plan as the angels and we humans?

Sure. Jewish Writings say the Assyrians were instruments of God's wrath,
but that doesn't make them nice. But Wolfe tends to draw all his
villains as morally ambiguous. The Hierogrammates are not evil despite
engineering the slaughter of almost all of humanity.

u+16b9