(urth) planetary problems

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 28 12:44:35 PST 2010

>Marc Aramini: I hope someday Wolfe publishes something that will shed light on whether he viewed
>Severian as a salvific figure or something quite a bit more sinister, and how the white fountain
>altered the cosmology (or astronomy I guess) of Urth, but that is a vain hope.

I'm afraid it is probably a vain hope. One interviewer had the cheek to ask Gene Wolfe how long he
thought or hoped his books would be read. And Gene Wolfe actually had an answer: 300 years.

We won't have Gene WOlfe with us for too much longer. But we must accept that he hopes his work can
be read long after his death in the same light it has been read for the past 40 years.