(urth) planetary problems

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 28 09:50:57 PST 2010

Antonio Pedro Marques: >Besides the fact that it is *the* probable way a travel powered by the
> mind would work?

This seems right to me. I can't imagine checking star charts and making careful mathematical
calculations before engaging in dream-travel.

>James Wynn: Are you saying that the Rajan psychically emplants himself in the memories of other
>people or are you saying he's a meta-fictional character than can travel through Wolfe's own novels?

The latter seems like a very cool possibility. I think there may be some examples of this in classic
literature but for some reason all I can think of is R. Daneel Olivaw managing to insert his god-like
presence into three different Asimov universes, tying them together.

I get the sense that Gene Wolfe is more aware of himself as a god-like/demiurgical creator of his books than
Asimov. I'm not as familiar as I should be but I think James Joyce does something like this in his work.