(urth) planetary problems

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Tue Dec 28 00:06:51 PST 2010

On 12/28/2010 1:30 AM, Marc Aramini wrote:
> Now, why is Apheta's face specifically linked to Lune? If it's a portal,
> then we DO have movement from Yesod directly onto Lune (is Lune a portal
> in this scheme?

One reason may be that after Sev associates the visually similar moon
with portals to Yesod, and from Yesod. Urth Chapter XV: "Then we were
through and seemed suspended in azure light; behind us, where once I had
seen the corona lucis of the young suns, I now saw our universe, a
circle no larger than an ebon moon in the sky of Yesod, a moon that soon
shrank to a solitary mote, then vanished."

> Apheta's face
> mentioned twice on the moon and the Hieros ability to create suns and
> planets MUST be important, I just don't understand the nature of those
> planets.

The Yesodis' creations are mighty, but are not true planets and stars.
For example, the ocean covers a huge Kirbyesque machine larger than a
terrestrial planet, but it has less gravity than Urth due to the space
inside for access by the Yesodis and merely gigantic beetle-like
subordinate mechanisms. There's also no tide, despite a normal-looking
sun, so whatever that is, it has even less mass than Lune or must be
incredibly more distant than a normal star.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >