(urth) planetary problems

Thomas Bitterman tom at bitterman.net
Mon Dec 27 21:44:03 PST 2010

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 10:45 PM, James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Thomas Bitterman-
>>
>> Two theories on why they ended up on Urth during astral/dream travel:
>>

> I'm glad to see that Brunians is back.

En garde!
- If, at one point, a character can write himself into a story, why can't it
happen again?  How far did Krait have to travel to do that?
- Wolfe has already used the sorting order of books for a joke.  In 5HoC he
makes the Vernor Vinge/"W" joke.  We almost never ascribe something to
Wolfe's sense of humor, but certainly he must use it every once in a while.
- The idea that astral travel uses mental maps rather than physical ones is
a good one, at least as good as the "Silk = Blue" or "Blue is a
time-traveling version of Green" theories that are going around.