(urth) interview questions

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 27 09:10:02 PST 2010

>Adam Thornton- I just realized (this is probably not a satori to anyone but me) that two
>of the major Wolfean Themes can be summed up in two pithy sentences, and
>that they are intertwined (and, one might argue, they are central to
>Christianity as well, although I don't think they're usually phrased this
>way):
>1) You become what you imitate.
>2) You are what you eat.

Heh, what futher explanation could one need!

Interestingly, I find the same two pithy summations to be true for Frank Herbert and the Dune
series (I may be alone in considering the final 3 Dune books to be superior to the first three).

We have golden child Leto become an inhuman tyrant by assuming the guise of a sand worm. And we
have the foul Face Dancers become benign gods as their imitative and prescient abilities increase.
All based on eating that crazy spice.

Two SF authors hitting their peak in roughly the same time period and coming to some of the same
conclusions. Would be interesting to know what influence they had on each other.