(urth) asteroid

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 12:42:17 PST 2010

yeah I remembered that but what EXACTLY is an asteroid? It's in orbit around the sun.  Not sure the difference between the classification of a satellite and an asteroid except perhaps that asteroids are orbiting the sun and not a planet.  At least one asteroid I know has its own moon, which doesn't help us.  Never could get a grip on how big the whorl was.

ripped off from some internet site:

Asteroid
Naturally formed solid bodies that orbit the sun, have no atmosphere and no signs of gas or dust coming from them. Most are found in orbit between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter.