(urth) interview questions

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sun Dec 26 12:15:07 PST 2010

On 12/26/2010 10:22 AM, Marc Aramini wrote:
> HOWEVER, being able to see the light of the Red Sun Whorl in the sky is
> a BIG PROBLEM as Roy states, and I am trying to figure out in Urth of
> the New Sun if there is any description that allows light from a distant
> past to be seen on a time travelling big ship, if movement across a
> certain barrier turns the universe back on itself MIRROR LIKE, so that
> time and distances can be obfuscated. Inire's mirrors or something. I
> don't know.

At least twice, portals to and from Yesod are descibed as moonlike in
appearance, both times in proximity to Tzadkiel's ship as it bridges the
gap to and from the first moments after the Big Bang where it can enter
or leave Yesod. The White Fountain is also described as a huge portal
for energy and matter from Yesod to Briah. It's plausible that the
Yesodis could abutt the ends of two such portals to transfer light or a
Whorl from one place and time in Briah to another.  For a time, this was
entertained on the list as a plot device for returning the Whorl to Urth
and Lune in a manner similar to PLANET OF THE APES.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >