(urth) interview questions

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 19:44:30 PST 2010

Well, here's the deal on Sol vs Blue/Green.

Marc, you have a couple quotes that give me pause--that have always made
me feel that Sol and the sun of the Neighbors are very close. When the
Rajan says

    "I've been thinking about it, and about the City of the Inhumi on
    Green. Those were ruins left by the Neighbors' ancient race; these
    [ruins in Nessus] were left by ours, I believe -- we are as ancient
    as they, or nearly"

...it reminds me of the scene in Dicken's "A Christmas Carol" where the
Spirit of Christmases Yet to Come takes Scrooge to hear discussions
about a man who has died. At last Scrooge says:

    "Spirit, I see. I see. The case of this unhappy man might be my own.
    My life tends that way, now."

On the other hand, the quotes supporting this view are scanty and
obscure. And Roy--although IMO his refutations often prove far less than
he believes they do--in this case I must admit that they are at least as
weighty as yours.

Secondly, the change from the Ushas we know to the jungles of Green, is
_really_ extensive and not really explained. If it resolves any riddles,
it seems to create many more.

Aesthetically, I really wanted this to be true. But, at this time, the
task of swallowing all the implications is just too great.

u+16b9