(urth) spatial temporal rules of astral travel

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 24 23:53:52 PST 2010

Thanks to all for the Holiday Greetings!

>Son o'Witz: Well, his act still gives humanity the chance to live on. Whether they will be enslaved,
>or an improved humanity is an open question. Severian's role does not seem to be to destroy these titans.

Witz, this reminds me that I've been operating on a few assumptions about Ushas which may need to be
questioned. I'm thinking you are saying that the only purpose of Severian's efforts was the simple and
obviousneed to fix the sun.

An assumption for many has been that the sun was deliberately broken, the black hole placed in its center
(presumably by hierogrammates) because of the presence of Typhon or the Megatherians or some combination.
So the fixing of the sun must involve the removal of such creatures if it is to have a real purpose.

But this interpretation need not be the case. Do you operate without it, holding the black hole in the sun
to be a natural event?