(urth) Fish and Caves

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Fri Dec 24 07:54:41 PST 2010

From: "Lee Berman" <severiansola at hotmail.com>

>>it is not the sun of Green and Blue, but a far distant star.
>
> Well, this is an offshoot topic from the initial subject. Why dwell upon
> it
> exclusively? What about the primary subject, that being the question of
> the connection between
> a star called Fishes Mouth in the constellation Pisces and the various
> monsters
> in the sea and the various references to fish/snake/eels and mouths and
> caves.

I thought you raised some interesting associations, but there was nothing
really specific to grasp.  The problem is that one can generate an endless
stream of associations regarding fish or wine or any similarly iconic
concept that crops up here and there in the text, but it is a long step from
there to a secret key that unlocks a meaning that was placed there.

Some of those fish associations are likely meaningful - others probably are
not.  How do we decide which are which?

- Gerry Quinn