(urth) Dionysus, the Mausoleum

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 10:29:53 PST 2010

Lee Berman wrote (21-12-2010 18:22):

> I'd have no problem if the discussion were along those lines. My objection is illustrated
> by Antonio's post who, when confronted with a contributor who observes "the tail seems spiky"
> would respond, "no it isn't"
>
> Gerry, based on recent history, would be more likely to respond, "since we are dealing with an
> elephant, I find it highly improbable that the tail is spiky"
>
> Neither of these guys seems capable of making the intuitive leap to, "perhaps we are not dealing
> with an elephant. Perhaps this is a stegosaurus. Let's look into this."

Into the spiky tail which you'll admit yourself has no spikes since spikes
are unimportant details in the broad pciture of the spiky tail? If you wish
to posit a stegosaur, do. Only posit a stegosaur without apparent spikes in
its tail, instead of relying on spikes that you see aren't there in order to
push the idea it's a stegosaur.

Thinking you're looking at the stars doesn't entitle you to trample the
things on the floor level.