(urth) Dionysus, the Mausoleum

Son of Witz Sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Tue Dec 21 09:36:28 PST 2010

This is getting really interesting...
Good post, James.
I don't know the Long-Short lineage stuff, so I can't judge yet.
This bit you wrote lit my head up, can you elaborate?
""If Severian is understood as somehow directly associated with the myths in the Brown Book, it restores a scattered unfocused unedited brain dump back to a comprehensible narrative. "

I would love for that to hold water. How is he related to the book in your view? I really don't know the Classics well enough to spot certain heroic analogies here. What was that about him being Frog or suchlike?

~witz