(urth) Dionysus, the mausoleum

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Tue Dec 21 07:40:07 PST 2010

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Son of Witz
  I think all of of us are disappointed that the text seems to present very different mausoleums.
  It isn't argued against based on aesthetics. Aesthetically, I think everyone wants it to be, but it seems like Wolfe chose differently for whatever reason.
I'm quite okay with it being a completely different mausoleum, assuming it is.  I see no obvious reason why Scylla should be connected to Severian.  She died (in her first form) at least a millenium before his birth.

- Gerry Quinn