(urth) Embryos

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 04:37:57 PST 2010

Oh, yeah. Auk. I strongly suspect he is a clone of Tartaros based on
what he said in the Q&A:

    Question: "Why did Auk/Tartaros kidnap Hyacinth, and why,
    subsequently, did he let her go?"

    Gene Wolfe: "Because Tartaros had told him to bring a woman.He
    released her as he recovered from his brain injury, was able to
    think more clearly, and realized that Hyacinth was not the woman he
    should bring. Putting it another way, he released her because
    Tartaros told him to. *These answers are not as disparate as they
    may appear.*"