(urth) the voice of the outsider is the conjunction of pas/kypris

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 20 10:33:23 PST 2010

>James Wynn: So, the fundamental problem with this theory, as I see it, is that it
>casually flicks to the gutter the most fundamental attributes of the
>Outsider. By this theory, Silk's Outsider is NOT a god outside of the
>Whorl. Instead he is ACTUALLY and existentially _only_ an INSIDER.

James you are often a step or two ahead of me in reasoning, so it can be hard to
keep up. I don't see this conclusion within Marc's theory. How is the Outsider
restricted to being inside the Whorl?

> Horn knows that the gods of the Whorl did not transport to Blue in any normal sense.

I agree though I think one is present on Blue, in the form of The Mother. Some think she is
Scylla but I think Scylla is her daughter, who manifests as a monster on Urth. On Blue we have
Gaon worshipping Echidna, the mythological "Mother of all Monsters". And the names of
her 7 children are all derived from either monstrous or somewhat malevolent mythological
beings.

So my guess is that Blue is the home planet for the monsters in Urth's oceans. Perhaps they arrived
on Urth in "black bean" form...inhumi disguised as human? I get the sense they started in human
form anyway, but some grew really big, into monsters. Thus at the end of RTTW we have the appearance
of human girl Scylla but also Great Scylla, the monster in the sea.