(urth) The Outsider

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Fri Dec 17 23:17:41 PST 2010

On 12/17/2010 2:38 PM, Son of Witz wrote:

> Also, Master Ultan says that the library houses "books cased in perfumed
> woods shipped across the inconceivable gulf between creations - books
> doubly precious because no one on Urth can read them."

This is almost certainly an indirect reference to Kant, who used the
term "island universes" when conjecturing that spiral nebula were not
merely clouds of gas but galaxies like our own Milky Way. The Yesodis
also use "creation" to mean "galaxy", and have a literal island devoted
to each one humans inhabit.

> So I'm saying each creation, acording to the text, is not a closed system.

This is still true, but there's much less interchange between
manvantaras than is otherwise suggested between Urth and Earth by G.W.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >