(urth) Intentional Errors

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Fri Dec 17 01:42:33 PST 2010

On 12/17/2010 3:03 AM, Lee Berman wrote:

> In a previous discussion of this topic I found it a pretty compelling conclusion that
> if Briah is Christian and Urth is Earth in the future then either:
> 1. God has broken his Covenant with humanity to never again send a Flood.

I think it the flood thing was an oversight, though the retcon of it
being a previous creation is a laudably clever answer to the riddle of
just how far in the future the books are set.

Of course it could be one of the intentional errors put in the book,
like in Islamic art, though also as part of the collection of golden age
SF tropes. Whacking great technical bloopers appear in otherwise classic
stories, and this would explain the unexplainable problems like how tall
the Wall of Nessus really is, or Lune's "closer" orbit.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >