(urth) (no subject)

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 11:14:16 PST 2010

>Gerry Quinn: I don't think there's any special reason to think Severian's universe is
>without a Christ.  There is substantial evidence that it's history is similar to ours.
>In BotLS there are notable religious references, including some to Christ.

Jerry recently cited Wolfe interviews which explicity say it. Special? Not special? Jerry
is wrong?

The "similar history" is explained by the same principle as the similar (but not identical)
geography of Urth to our Earth. Wolfe says he conceives of Briah as a different universe than ours,
a previous iteration.

I think it is more accurate to say Long Sun has religious references to a Jesus-like character.
Nothing about salvation is mentioned, that I know of.