(urth) Faterh Inire Theor cont.

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Wed Dec 15 11:09:46 PST 2010

> We don't house Obama in a utilitarian
> split-level ranch
> with two car garage ;- ).

> I don't think we are meant to think decrepit old Rudesind walked roughly
> the same distance
> underground that Severian travelled above ground from the Citadel to House
> Absolute. Severian seems
> surprised to find him there, anyway.  For me, some sort of transporter
> device is implied to connect
> portions of these two locations. Thus the purpose of all the text
> speculation on how the khaibit
> prostitutes manage to get to Nessus and back so quickly and without
> carrying baggage.

The White House has numerous tunnels giving underground access to the
property, and so it would be unusual for there to be no access between the
age-old seat of government and the "Old Port". As for dainty prostitutes
and decrepit curators making the trip, there could be any number of
conveyances from ancient golf carts, Typhonian boats, a literal
underground railroad, all the way up to one of Inire's time tunnels. Which
there might well be, perhaps disguised as part of the Botanic Gardens.