(urth) Father Inire: teratoid

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Wed Dec 15 00:44:50 PST 2010

On 12/15/2010 1:53 AM, Son of Witz wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2010, at 9:01 PM, Jeff Wilson <jwilson at io.com
>> The two-headed silhouette is about the most basic monster symbol. It
>> covers notional multi-headed creatures as well as the most common and
>> lurid visibly "monstrous" birth defects in humans an animals, multiple
>> or split body parts due to mutation, replicaiton errors, cell division
>> problems, and recessives like harelip and hyposeal.
>>
>> From a more modern, brand-recognition standpoint, you might want to
>> put pointy bits on the facing head surfaces so it's not mistaken for
>> Janus or Lucifer or our Typhon.
>
> I had a similar thought about a two headed symbol, but I figured in this
> context it would only read Typhon.

Perhaps - but the Typhon is not remembered on Urth as two-headed, is he?
Or at all?

runners-up:

block-head silhouette with bone through neck (actually bolts, from
Universal's Frankenstein's Monster)

hairy humanoid with indistinct neck

"evil genie" - capriform upper body on plume or cloud of smoke

jack-o-lantern features on horned and pointy-eared head

hairy hump with open mouth silhouette

or any of the cacogen masks, suitably adapted

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >