(urth) Father Inire theory cont (Jonas)

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 14 11:25:58 PST 2010

Gerry Quinn wrote:

> Does he actually speak of his childhood?  He was a robot, after all. Still,
> I take your point that he seems to have known something of the Urth of his
> youth.

Yes, weirdly. Severian reports that he says he was brought up by his
parents in what he called the normal way 'though actually it is rather
rare'. He may be lying, of course - unless he is a chemical person of
the _Long Sun_ kind - but even then, I think it would be easier for
him to invent if he had indeed been on Urth in his youth.