(urth) Faterh Inire Theory cont.

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 17:11:31 PST 2010

From: Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
David Stockhoff wrote:
> Gerry Quinn wrote:
> > It's not just drop ceilings that he recognised - he worked the mirror
>transporter.  How was he familiar withthat technology?  You
> > would at first sight expect it to be wildly futuristic by his standards - but
>no, he wasinstantly able to operate it.

I don't think we'd expect it to be wildly futuristic.  On Urth, we expect
working technology to be ancient.  I think the transporter
room is from Jonas's time but not from his ship.

How likely does it seem that Jonas was injured in the crash but the mirrors and
their controls survived?

You suggested that Jonas had learned something by talking with Kim Lee Soong's
descendants that went beyond architecture.  I think
it's just that they'd been there for generations, and possibly some time-altered
story of how Kim got there in the first place.  Jonas
realized that "antechamber" was literal, and combined that with the
architecture to realize the history of the place and the importance
of not staying there for the rest of his "life", which could probably be quite
long.

Jerry Friedman