(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 76, Issue 82

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 10:38:33 PST 2010

On 12/13/2010 11:28 AM, James Wynn wrote:

>> >James Wynn: I mean, I might have just been lucky in picking my
>> interpretation.
>> >However, it brings to mind Lee's young woman/crone picture analogy.
>> >Or, Stephen King's ink blot/picture of Jesus analogy in "The Shining".
>> >When I read it, I said "Oh, Pike, Blood, Rose of Sharon."
>> Jerry Friedman-
>> Would you mind making the connection for me among those three
>> disparate nouns?  (Not the
>> connection among the characters.)  Or point me to someplace in the
>> archives?
>
> The spear that pierced Christ's side. What can I say? That's just the
> way I'm wired, I guess. I even thought the reference was obvious when
> I wrote it this morning. Clearly, I'm a little crazy, but sometimes it
> works. It gives me an appreciation for Wolfe's problem with getting
> his clues across.
>
> u+16b9

Jerry,

Perhaps you are asking yourself "If that is the intended connection,
shouldn't Blood have had a twin whose name is associated with water?"
That's what I thought too as I was reading the books for the first time.
I still wonder. But, once you are looking for it, the clues to Blood's
father seems obvious.

u+16b9