(urth) Ships

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 12 09:34:03 PST 2010

Gerry Quinn wrote:

 Only gradually did it develop into a prison. So if
>> Kim Lee Soong had been in it from the start, he would have got out. I
>> think it must have been in operation for some time when he entered it.
>
> But he was supposed to be the most distant ancestor of the current
> occupants!

Of one family of current occupants. (I've seen it said quite
frequently that he is the ancestor of all the current occupants, but
I've never seen why. Jonas specifically refers to a particular family,
whose members he lists, who occupy an alcove of their own.) But even
if he were the most distant ancestor of all the current occupants,
that needn't make him the first occupant. The people who were there in
the first few generations all left.