(urth) List to Forum?

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Thu Dec 9 11:10:14 PST 2010

From: "Son of Witz" <Sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org>
> What about migrating this list into a message board forum?
> This format is so archaic and difficult.
> With a forum, if you don't want to check in, you don't get four thousand
> emails to deal with.
> When you check back in, discussions are very discoverable and linear.
> Trying to go back and follow any thread on this list is a chore to say the
> least.

I quite like lists - they may be old-fashioned but in some respects they are
more convenient than forums, which involve logging in and may still forget
what posts you have read.

I also suspect lists create more activity.

Did you know you can access the threads at
http://lists.urth.net/listinfo.cgi/urth-urth.net ?  That can be useful for
looking at older threads.

- Gerry Quinn