(urth) List to Forum?

Son of Witz Sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Thu Dec 9 09:49:06 PST 2010

On Dec 9, 2010, at 1:41 AM, Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Seriously, though, I like this listserve, though I have tended to participate in flurries and spurts
> over the past 6 years. Despite (or perhaps partly because of?) its archaic format I wouldn't want to
> see it fade away. I actually feel a bit bad that some of the quieter members get their email boxes so
> cluttered sometimes but it seems like a better alternative than the long periods of stasis I sometimes
> see.

What about migrating this list into a message board forum?
This format is so archaic and difficult.
With a forum, if you don't want to check in, you don't get four thousand emails to deal with.
When you check back in, discussions are very discoverable and linear.  Trying to go back and follow any thread on this list is a chore to say the least.

That GeneWolfebookclub forum was cool. I dropped off due to life, but I liked it.  Anyone on the fence about this should check it out. Since it was a book club read-through, I couldn't dig in the way you can here.  Taking the Urth List into an Urth Forum would be awesome.  It could't be that hard to set up, could it?  Who is game?

~Witz