(urth) Dionysus

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 18:48:45 PST 2010

On 12/8/2010 7:37 PM, David Stockhoff wrote:
> ---Ps tend to seek to increase options and can analyze forever.
>
> ---Js tend to seek to decrease options and move on.

This is actually pretty perceptive (no pun intended), although it isn't
the *quite* the way I learned it. The Myers-Briggs website puts it this way:

"...when it comes to dealing with the outer world, people who tend to
focus on making decisions have a preference for Judging *because they
tend to like things decided*. People who tend to focus on taking in
information prefer Perceiving *because they stay open to a final
decision in order to get more information*."
http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/judging-or-perceiving.asp

I haven't really noted a war between these personality types. Perceivers
want a decider as long  as as much time as possible was made available
for investigation. But I can see that Judgers would be distressed by an
environment where investigation is inevitably open ended, where all the
answers might never be nailed down.

u+16b9