(urth) Dionysus

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 13:24:49 PST 2010

Andrew Mason wrote (08-12-2010 19:43):
> But beyond that, I think there is probably still
> material, to be solved by Sherlockian means, that no one has worked
> out yet. We know that Wolfe overestimates his readers' intelligence.
> He puts things in which he thinks we should be able to work out, but
> we don't.

Heh. Found this just yesterday:

"Even when he introduces someone else’s short story, he creates mystery –
I’ve been trying for years to understand his hints as to the true meaning of
Avram Davidson’s “Polly Charms, the Sleeping Woman,” a tale that’s oblique
enough in itself."

http://crookedtimber.org/2004/06/15/gene-wolfe-steals-my-fudgsicle/