(urth) Dionysus

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 15:52:59 PST 2010

> Gerry Quinn-
> Okay, where is Dionysius referenced?  That's the one I was thinking
> of. It seems to me that the strands linking Dionysius to the outsider
> are very thin indeed.

Um....the "son of Thyone", is discussed or referenced at least four
times in Return to the Whorl. That's a big deal being made of the child
of an extremely minor goddess. The way the child is described makes me
think it is somehow referencing Silk...and Silk is the prophet of the
Outsider.

Additionally, I have argued that the very word "inhuma" was chosen for
its association with Dionysus, the god of the vine. There are
undeniable, although unexplained, associations between the inhumi and
vines. And Quetzal mimics Dionysus's deeds.

See the problem is something I see in my professional work all the time.
Some people think things are  unimportant or easily done...that is, they
are contemptuous toward them...when/because they know very little about
them. They lack the ability to be impressed by anything not easily
within their own grasp.

u+16b9