(urth) Dionysus

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 7 01:30:34 PST 2010

Roy- > " 'My name is Horn.' I offered my hand. He took it, and this time I felt his hand _and remembered it_ . It was
> hard, and seemed to be covered with short, stiff hairs. Beyond that I will not say."[oBW HB 272]

>I don't see why you attach such importance to that quote.

I'm glad the conversation in this thread has drifted back to its subject and the "God of Wine" that Horn mentions in
connection to The Outsider. What would a goat hand be like, if a goat had a hand?

Roy didn't we have a discussion regarding ungulates and the names Horn, Hoof, Hide etc.?

Hm..on the other hand....

>Dionysus was another god of resurrection who was strongly linked to the bull. In a cult hymn from Olympia, at a festival
>for Hera, Dionysus is also invited to come as a bull, "with bull-foot raging." "Quite frequently he is portrayed with
>bull horns, and in Kyzikos he has a tauromorphic image," -Wikipedia

Severian has a dream in which Thecla has a remembrance of her father. In the dream there is taurean figure I'd always
wondered about.