(urth) Dionysus

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 14:07:58 PST 2010

>> James Wynn-
>> You might as well ask why it is legitimate for merely human Horn to
>> to cut
>> a deal with the Neighbors on behalf of the whole human race. The
>> answer is,
>> it wouldn't be.
>>

> Gerry Quinn-
> Not for humans.  My assumption here was that the Neighbours have
> different customs related to such agreements; perhaps they are more
> communally-minded than humans.

So...the deal-making was farce? The Rajan (who really just Silk after
all) will go on to the Whorl and Neighbors will soon discover that their
bargain is not worth the paper it wasn't written on?

>> James Wynn-
>> HORN, the resurrected Horn, is the only being in the universe that is
>> 100%
>> human and 100% Neighbor.
>>

> Gerry Quinn-
> If your theory is true, he seems to me more like the Manchurian
> Candidate in this regard!

I seem to be having a problem clarifying homoneius. Still, I'll try to
get the rest of my response out tonight, and hopefully it will be
clearer. Although, I'm sensing that you're reading them only to come up
with quick objections and reponses chosen for their supposed wit rather
than than insightful understanding.

>> James Wynn-
>> He's much more of a legitimate CHRIST-figure.
>
> Gerry Quinn-
> He's some kind of mystical figure all right, although I don't recall
> any incidents from the Gospels in which Jesus lured
> troops onto minefields, or raised vampires as terror weapons.  (Seems
> more like a bit of old Pas coming out to me.)

You read the part where I said "Not equivalent to Christ as Aslan is"
right?
I don't see much Pas-like in saving a town from tyranny.
Still, not everything in the New Testament is "gentle Jesus meek and mild".

> Gerry Quinn-
> Also, he continues to worship the Outsider - how does that fit in?

It works just fine for Arminianist theology. And, in fact, it is not
ignored in Augustinian Trinitarian doctrine either.
/"I keep asking that _the God of our Lord Jesus Christ_ , the Father of
glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the
knowledge of Him." _Ephesians 1:17/

And he is a Christ figure on multiple levels. As three-persons-in-one,
he is a picture of God Himself.

u+16b9