(urth) Inire: Ancient Alien

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:21:32 PST 2010

>Son o'Witz- One myth I think about A LOT, in general, and in connection with BotNS, is the "Ancient Aliens
>shaped humanity" idea.

Yeah, such ideas were all the rage in the early 70's, just before BotNS was being written. I think Von Daniken's
Chariots of the Gods was the peak of it. I've always thought it might have been an influence on Wolfe.

Anyone remember "pyramid power". Heh, I can remember another kid's 7th grade science project, using a cardboard
pyramid precisely aligned with coriolis force or star patterns trying to mummify a lump of raw ground beef. Ugh.