(urth) Father Inire Theory

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sat Dec 4 21:38:07 PST 2010

On 12/4/2010 10:07 PM, Lee Berman wrote:

>> Jeff Wilson: Maxellindis' uncle was under constant observation by Eata for four or
>> five years on their boat before *he* died, also during the time when
>> Inire was actively serving Autarch Severian.
>
> We could thus disqualify Maxellindis' uncle from consideration as a version of Inire.
> Or it could be a push toward option 2: The multiple versions of Inire are independently
> operating copies of a larger god-like being. I've been leaning toward #2 for a while.

That would suggest that Severian and Dux Caesidius and Ouen are
shape-shifting godlets, as they resemble each other in just as many
respects. Agia and Agilus are even more alike, surely they are as well?
  The Path of Air woman, Catherine, and the woman stolen from the
necropolis are likewise suspiciously similar. The village sorcerers are
practically all alike other than their names, and then there are the ape
men at the mine who don't even have names to set them apart. Are they
all carbon copy gods as well?

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >