(urth) Father Inire Theory

Ryan Dunn ryan at liftingfaces.com
Sat Dec 4 11:48:02 PST 2010

Another point. Yes, the hiero's state openly that Severian is chosen for his eidetic memory. But it has to be more than that. Surely in a Commonwealth where a pauper can leap from a bartizan each time we draw breath without affecting the populace in the slightest, there are numerous individuals with photographic memory.

I would have to re-read the books with this in mind, but Sire Inire may not be as implausible as it sounds.

...ryan