(urth) Who's Right

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Fri Dec 3 21:48:45 PST 2010

On 12/3/2010 8:58 PM, Ryan Dunn wrote:
> If you visualize the dog-ape in the lazaret and the red ape in the jungle in terms of how you would film their presence, there is no escaping the reality is that both of these creatures are very clearly watching/spying on Severian.
>
> I find that, as well, to be significant.
>
> ...ryan

I hadn't included those as characters. I suppose that is a prejusdice on
my part ingrained form being lambasted by my 9th grade English teacher
for considering the dog in "There Will Come Soft Rains" a character,
since it's an animal in a famously characterless story.

I imagine the watching apes are covert aquastors, which is rather more
sporting than making them invisible. Their lack of invisibility like
aquastor Triskele might mean they are agents of a faction with a less
skilled operator or poorer equipment.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >