(urth) academic commentary

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 12:17:29 PST 2010

Wolfe is known as a creator of stories with deception piled upon deception. I think the
possibility that he, himself, is capable of such layering must be considered. What if
Wolfe was in his deepest heart an atheist or even gnostic, believing that God is ultimately
the Great Deceiver. What if his Catholicism was a superficial guise maintained to keep
harmony in his community, social and family life and his true beliefs are only revealed
wrapped in layers of mayan veils within his stories. Perhaps Wright's analysis is not a step
short but rather a step beyond others in penetrating the layers of lupine mystery.

I'm not saying that's true, I'm just sayin'....Hm. I remember starting a thread last year
called Wolfe as Heretic. I'd better be careful lest this stuff gets taken too seriously..