(urth) Dream Fava's hair

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Sun Aug 29 08:59:47 PDT 2010

Here are some quotes about the hair-color of the dream Fava. Descriptions of
her hair color when she's not a dream projection are about her wig and don't
count.

IGJ p. 194:
"The chamber that confined us was so dimly lit that I could scarcely make
out its walls; but as well as I could judge, only Fava had changed at all.
And even Fava had changed only subtly, for she had always seemed an
apple-cheeked child just short of puberty, with
long, light brown hair and a winning smile."

*Hair color:* light brown.  *Special circumstances:* very dim lighting would
make colors hard to see.

RttW p. 85:
He turned and saw Spider...in conversation with small girls in starched
frocks...

He asked politely how he could find Hyacinth.

"Down there," the blond girl pointed. "She's down there like Spider and me."

The dark girl nodded. "Down there where you're going, and she can't ever
come back.
Take a cake for the dog."

*Hair color:* blond  *Special circumstances: *dream on the Whorl, before he
met Mora and Fava in real life.
Is this a time-travel dream projection? I think so. The conversation
indicates Fava and Hyacinth are both dead.

RttW pp. 23-26
"A little girl named Mora, and another one..."
"There was a little girl hiding under there already. At first I thought it
was the one with yellow hair, but it wasn't."
"Then I thought it was the other one, Mora. Only it wasn't her either."

*Hair color:* yellow. *Special circumstances:* this is Hide's dream. Hide is
not as smart or observant as Silk.

RttW pp. 94-95.
The deadcoach dream. Mora and Fava are there, but no hair colors are
described.

Given the evidence, I would have to say that the dream Fava was blond,
yellow-haired. The only case where she is described differently is in the
cell on Green, but that was in bad light. If so, we can only make her
Hyacinth by dyeing her hair.