(urth) Yesod- what is it?

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 11:10:56 PDT 2010

>David Stockhoff-
>Side topic---is Yesod merely what we know of as subspace?

Perhaps I am not enough of an SF fan to know the what subspace is.(Like,
"We've got some subspace interference Mr. Chekov" ?).

But given that Yesod is a higher universe, wouldn't it be hyperspace?

Well, anyway, for me it is neither. Isn't hyperspace where matter and energy
cease to exist and you can travel through time and to different universes? In
my view, Brook Madregot is hyperspace because it runs from Yesod to Briah and
Severian uses it to move through time.

Yesod is a universe with suns and planets and gravity, like ours and Severian's.
Can hyperspace or subspace have suns and planets and gravity and stuff like that
in it?