(urth) Which character from BotNS do you identify with most?

Ryan Dunn ryan at liftingfaces.com
Mon Aug 2 08:14:36 PDT 2010

Courtesy Josh, but an exercise to consider, and got me to thinking...

"Which character in TBoTNS do you identify with and why?"

I'll go first. I most identify with DROTTE, because I have functioned as a leader most of my life, from being the oldest child in a single-parent family to creative directing teams of people as a professional and everywhere in-between. But of course there are other leaders in this story, and I'm not prepared to identify with Severian that much. And Vodalus is above my pay grade.

So I consider my style of leadership more akin to Drotte's, meaning a good balance of sarcasm and honesty, and a knack of garnering an understated respect from those around and beneath you.

...ryan