(urth) Grand Unified Theory

Ryan Dunn ryan at liftingfaces.com
Wed Aug 25 09:31:37 PDT 2010

On Aug 25, 2010, at 12:24 PM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:

>> 2. Most modern readers will instinctively pronounce his name: TAY-fun
>
> Really? I pronounced it TIE-fawn.

I meant that most readers (imo) will pronounce TYPHON as rhymes-with TYSON.

My "Tay" should have been like your "Tie", not like rhymes-with the letter K. Sorry.

But no, I don't pronounce it fawn at all. I could be alone there, but I'm sticking to my TYPHON sounds like TYSON in the heads of readers at large.

Also, isn't it hard to put the stress on the first syllable when the second one is 'fawn'? Just curious, because feels awkward when I try it.

...ryan