(urth) GUTs and so on

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 15:08:33 PDT 2010

>> James Wynn -
>> I am feeling a little singled out.
> Dan'l- Honest, you shouldn't. That post has been gradually brewing ever since
> "the Neighbors are the Trees."

LOL
Well, *I* think the Neighbors *are* at least some of the trees, so there
ya are. And the Rajan did refer to the trees as "sleepy" which is what
you'd expect from dream-travelers. IIRC someone claimed the Rajan's
staff made from a vine  was an inhumi and that the Rajan talked to it.
So it gets worse. It's easy for me to imagine how the Neighbors could be
trees. It's impossible for me to see how the inhumi could be vines. But
the second is more plainly stated than the first. I don't really
understand how all that fits together.

I don't think a tree ate Horn. I have my own despicable explanation for
what happened in the pit.

> Craig Brewer -- [snip]As much as I disagree
> with MOST of Borski's stuff, say, one thing I appreciate about him is that he
> will occasionally take a step back and reflect on why his theories matter and
> how they might change our general understanding and even thematic
> interpretations. [snip]In the most recent case, I'd want to know not just IF Fava is Hy, but I'd also want to know how that changes what we're supposed to think about Silk/Silkhorn in terms of his prophet-status, etc.

Well, there's this metaphor that I noted in "The Book of the Long Sun"
that befuddled me for a long time. And Hy as Fava resolved that riddle.
So maybe you'll like this. I'm not sure Hy being Fava reveals *in
itself* anything thematically about Silk or the Rajan. But isn't Hy an
important enough character to warrant her own thematic vehicles?
Although it does fit nicely with the little play of Silk and Hyacinth as
Simon Magus and Helena, it is hardly necessary to it.

u+16b9