(urth) Grand Unified Theory

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 05:52:07 PDT 2010

  On 8/22/2010 9:01 PM, Lee Berman wrote:
> I need some clarification. I don't see how Silk can be an identical clone to Typhon
> but also be the genetically diverse product of sexual reproduction with Kypris. Also
> I'm afraid I need my memory jogged. Can you explain "Silk and Typhon's daughter" and
> her being a young girl in soul-form? Is Hyacinth involved with this in some way?

Premise 1: Pas & Kypris = Typhon & Mamelta = Spring Wind & Bird of the Woods
(The character list in Book of the Long Sun includes "Chico", Mamelta's
parrot. Mamelta never mentions a parrot and no parrot makes an
appearance in the book, so I figure this is a clue from the author that
Mamelta is "Bird of the Woods").

Premise 2: Silk is "Fish", who was raised by shepherds. (As opposed to
Frog who was raised by wolves).
(Incidentally, the names Silk and Fish qualify the two as "brothers" at
least as strongly as "Silk" and "Sand" and for the same reasons.)

Problem: The case for Silk being a clone of Typhon is, for me, as strong
as Silk being the son of Typhon and the original Kypris.

Resolution: Fish was a clone of Spring Wind implanted in Bird of the
Woods. It's a "Fifth Head of Cerberus" call back, where one is a clone
and the other is the "natural son".

u+16b9