(urth) Severian's Journey: Happenstance or Masterplan?

Dave Lebling dlebling at hyraxes.com
Thu Aug 19 16:20:18 PDT 2010

On the question at hand, I recall, though I am not certain of where in
the BotNS it comes, F, B, or O stating that the they had helped both
Severian and Baldanders, as two different paths toward the future. At
that point, I believe, the idea of the New Sun had not been introduced,
but it seems clear they were keeping their options open.

So, while their master plan may have existed, it was at least stochastic.

-- Dave Lebling, aka vizcacha