(urth) Seven American Nights procession

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 10:47:58 PDT 2010

  On 8/18/2010 11:05 PM, Dave Tallman wrote:
> N = Thursday, N+1 = Friday
> Symbolically this is great. Nadan gets arrested on Thursday night,
> like Jesus. The story has parallel to a passion play, with Ardis as
> Judas. I like this a lot, except for the theater being closed on
> Friday for Easter.

Thematically, this also makes sense because after the procession, the
text says: "It is very late-three, my watch says." Three o'clock is the
hour of Christ's death.

Additionally, the procession with the priest carrying the cross "like a
crutch" is surely Good Friday.

When Ardis said "Tomorrow night the theater will be closed early for
Easter." It is not unreasonable that she meant Easter weekend. And if
the city has a large enough Catholic population to allow for public Good
Friday processions, then it is not unreasonable that the theater to be
closed IN THE EVENING on that day.

u+16b9