(urth) Inhumi in the Whorl

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 07:36:52 PDT 2010

>James Wynn: I don't guess I mind, but out of curiosity, how did I get to be Jeff Wilson?

All you JW types are the same. Hm..I guess that makes me the same as brunians.com.

;- ). Sorry James.

>When I say Scylla, I mean the megatherian of Urth.
>The reason I suggest it is only that the original Scylla is does make an
>appearance in "Short Sun". They seem very similar. It makes literary
>sense is all. I have no further information to defend that hypothesis.

Yes, Scylla is mentioned once as a megatherian of Urth. But the same name is
used in Long Sun as daughter to Pas/Typhon. From an author who has said
he thinks one subtle clue should be all his readers ever need to figure
out everything, this seems of sledgehammer impact to me.

>Mother might actually BE the megatherian Scylla rather than just of the
same species.

Yes, although, as has been discussed, for creatures that may be able to
reproduce sexually and asexually, and even share consciousness among parts,
as we see for Tzadkiel, the issue of identity becomes pretty clouded and
confusing.

Can the Scylla on Blue on Blue produce black bean seeds of "her"self which
can be transported across space during Urth's empire?

Again the question if such a ship carrying the beans could have become
infected with Inhumi.

(I still consider Echidna to be a possibility also. There is an echidne
mentioned in BotNS and I can't ignore the mythological similarities of The
Cumaean to Typhon's wife)