(urth) Inhumi in the Whorl

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 05:19:35 PDT 2010

>Jeff Wilson- The connection between the Neighbors and Mother is key, whatever it is.
>There's some kind of connection between the woman pirate Horn killed and
>Seawrack but I can't say anything definitively because there's also
>suggestions that she was grown from some kind of animal sea-life.

My view is that The Mother is analagous to the sea-borne monsters like Erebus and Abaia
that we hear about on Urth. As such she is capable of taking on a form of a Naviscaput.
Later The Mother appears to Horn as a great underwater mass with a human form above the
water. What would that be, a Homo sapiens-caput? Anthro-caput?

Anyway, I think naviscaput is what the pirate ship is. Horn wonder about the homebase of the
pirate ship, concluding it must be a cove since there are no towns anywhere close enough.
When Horn shoots the woman on that boat, he is shooting off the arm of a pinched off piece
of the Mother which has been formed into a human shape as attractive bait- Seawrack.

She falls into the water...I think she leaps onto Horn's boat but is scared by Babbie, and
jumps off, leaving some blood on the deck for Babbie to lap up. Underwater, The Mother feels
that it is more expedient to just sew up the amputated arm and hope Seawrack still works as
damaged bait rather than going through the time and trouble of pinching off and re-forming a
whole new siren and risk Horn escaping.

As mentioned, I consider it possible that the barnacle thing was an old piece of bait, pinched
off and designed for Neighbors. Understandable that Seawrack wants it out of there.